Proposed improvements on East 185th Street from Nottingham Road to Lake Erie will start this spring and include:
• Asphalt resurfacing of roadway pavement, including full and partial depth pavement repairs, where needed.
• Curb, sidewalk, and ramp replacement to Americans with Disabilities Act compliance.
• Locherie Avenue, the fifth leg of the intersection with East 185th Street and Lakeshore Boulevard, will become a cul-de-sac to address safety concerns with turning movement confusion.
• Streetscape improvements including trees, decorative brick pavers, curb bumpouts, and decorative cross walks.
• Branding features such as gateway entrance signage and pole-mounted decorative metal banners.
• Parking lanes will remain along the corridor in available areas.
• New signage and pavement markings including bike sharrows.
• Replacement of the traffic signals at Villaview Road, Neff Road and Lakeshore Boulevard.
• Monterey Avenue traffic signal removed and replaced with a flashing beacon and enhanced pedestrian crosswalk.
• Replacement of the existing 10″ water main with a new 12″ water main from Mozina Drive to Pawnee Avenue.
Construction is expected to begin in April 2022 and conclude by Fall, 2023. Learn more at the project’s website, east185streetscape.com.
For questions about the project, contact Cleveland District Planner Sharonda Whatley at 216-664-3806.