- This event has passed.
April 22 @ 5:00 am – 9:00 am
The “Big Clean” is our annual day to pick up trash as a community – and have a little friendly competition between neighbors in Collinwood and Euclid to see which community can pick up more trash.
This year The “Big Clean” is taking place on Earth Day! The free event grows in popularity every year and all ages and abilities are encouraged to join in. It’s a fun way to make a direct impact on your neighborhood, and on our Planet in honor of Earth Day.
Register online at bit.ly/BigClean2023 – all participants should register this way. Registering in advance gets you entered into a raffle with the chance to win some great prizes from local supporters and sponsors. Individuals, groups, and businesses are encouraged to sign up.
– On Saturday, April 22nd between 9 and 10am, there will be a drive-thru or walk up for cleanup supply kits (gloves, bags, pickers and other goodies from community partners!) at two locations: Waterloo Arts for Collinwood (15605 Waterloo Rd) and CE Orr Ice Arena for Euclid (22550 Milton Dr, in Memorial Park). Stay in your car and receive the kits from our team at these curbside pick-up locations.
- Head out to your pre-selected cleanup location (selections made during online registration) and get cleaning.
- Once you / your group has finished cleaning your designated area, bring your haul back to the massive dumpster to be counted, then stay for Earth Day after-party! Food, drinks, music, raffle prizes and more await you from 12pm to 1pm. Trash tallies will start being counted right at noon so don’t be late!
- If you cannot make it back to the dumpster location at CE Orr Arena in Euclid, trash bags can also be placed in your city trash can. Before you throw your bag away though, please take a selfie with your trash bags and post to social media Facebook or Instagram with your 1) bag count, 2) cleanup city (Euclid or Collinwood) and 3) the hashtag #thebigclean before 12 noon. Cleanup organizers will use your posts to tally total trash bags.
- While the Big Clean is a competition, no matter who wins, it is about bringing neighbors together during Earth Day weekend to build community in support of cleaner streets, a cleaner Lake Erie and a cleaner Planet for us all.
For more information about the Big Clean, including if you are interested in registering a group of volunteers, or donating to the cleanup kits or raffle, email firstname.lastname@example.org.